Sat-Install Workplace© is designed for sub-contractors of Dish Network®, DirectTV®, and other equipment installation shops. The business process is centered around the installation of equipment or other performance of work by technicians and can be used in other similar business processes with little or no modification.
Read the specifications below to see if this software meets your business requirements.
Business Processes Handled
- New work order entry or upload from a spreadsheet file.
- Status tracking for unassigned, assigned, completed, and incomplete work orders.
- Assignment to a technician and completeion of work performed.
- Tracking of parts and equipment installed during the work order and amounts owed by the provider.
- Accounting of provider payment for work and amount paid to the technician for each work order.
- Tracking of trouble calls and chargebacks to technicians as necessary.
- Detailed work order customer history and notes systems.
- Multiple accounts from different providers tracked seperately.
- Search for work orders by date, work number, technician, completion status, etc.
- Entry and assignment of equipment (receivers) to the office, technicians, or customers.
- Detailed tracking of credits for equipment and provider parts installed.
- Return authorization and credit accounting for equipment and provider parts.
- View equipment inventory for the warehouse or technician stock.
- Tracking of remote control and TV channel after receiver installation.
- Tracking of satellite signals strengths for installed receivers.
- Search for recievers by Serial, R00, or S00.
- Incoming invoice creation to add or subtract from company stock.
- Invoicing for technicians as they receive tools and parts from stock.
- Maintians seperate pricing for wholesalers and technicians.
- Pricing changes can be easily updated for supply items.
- Low stock warning indicators to aid in ordering supplies.
- Provide a printable accounting of the work a technician performed during a pay period.
- Account for parts and tools consumed during the period and display an invoice.
- Detail chargebacks and automatically adjust the technicians pay.
- Issue and track loans from the company to the technician.
- Provide the ability to make notated pay adjustments.
- Tally the Quality Controls performed during the period and adjust pay.
- Display of suggested payment amounts for parts, tools, and loans.
- Ability to review and change deductions and payments before finalizing each technicians pay.
- Ability to print paychecks.
Sat-Install Workplace© was designed to run on an internet server with Python and Django installed. A properly configured Linux or Microsoft® windows server is required.
Internet Hosting and Domain Names
Needed to run Sat-Install Workplace© over the internet:
- Apache Server configured to run Python through FCGI.
- Django® version .96 installed and configured.
- MySQL® or PostgreSQL with python interfaces.
- SSH (secure shell) access for running commands (optional but beneficial).
- A registered domain name that points to the server (ie www.mysat-office.com).
In House Hosting
Sat-Install Workplace© can be installed on a local area network. One computer on the network must run a database and web server along with the Django® application.
A discussion of how to set up a server can be found by visiting djangoproject.com.
Note On System Support
Our customers do not have to learn how to install an run this software. Technical specifications are provided for those who need to know.
See our installation support page for additional details.
Languages and Frameworks
Sat-Install Workplace© was written in the Python programming language. This language was chosen
for its concise syntax and easy to debug code.
Python v2.4 or greater is required. Visit the downloads page for details.
Django® Web App Framework
Django® was chosen to serve this web application for its ease of use and its many features.
Django® v.96 is required and can be found here!
Django® works with MySQL® and PostgreSQL. We will use the database installed at your internet hosting provider.
The system is designed in a modular fashon which makes it easy to customize parts of the software
to your business process.
See the customization support page for details.
Copyright and Trademarked names are the property of their respective owners.